Friday, October 17, 2008

Ode to Mark Wahlberg

I'm not even gonna write anything. I'm just gonna let his Wikipedia page do the talking.

But I have cut some paragraphs, read them...now:

On his persona early on in his career:

Mark's cocky, street-wise persona contributed to his fame. During concert performances, he was known for stripping to a pair of white briefs, gyrating his hips and rubbing his crotch.[12] In the dedication of his 1992 book Marky Mark, co-authored with photographer Lynn Goldsmith, Wahlberg says in the preface that "I wanna dedicate this book to my cock"
Brokeback Mountain:
Wahlberg was also considered for a role in the film Brokeback Mountain. It was originally intended to star him and Joaquin Phoenix, but Wahlberg was uncomfortable with the film's sex scenes and his role ultimately went to Jake Gyllenhaal.
His video game
Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch had their own video game in the Marky Mark: Make My Video game series on the Sega Mega-CD. Using various effects, the player is supposed to produce new versions of the videos to Marky Mark songs like "Good Vibrations" and "I Need Money". PC World.ca listed it as the eighth worst video game of all time.
How did this guy go from a John Cena look-a-like rapper to one of the best actors in hollywood? haha. It seriously amazes me. Just watch the video below, his 1991 number 1 dance hit, Good Vibrations:



Oh wow.

And just for kicks, I posted the SNL skit "Mark Wahlberg talks to animals."



It's pretty funny, I thought, but apparently Marky didn't. being quoted as saying the following:
"Someone showed it to me on YouTube. It wasn't like Tina Fey doing Sarah Palin, that's for sure. And "Saturday Night Live" hasn't been funny for a long time. They've asked me to do the show a ton of times. I used to watch it when Eddie Murphy was there and Joe Piscopo and Bill Murray. I don't even know who's on the show now."
- The Superficial

haha...what a character. no pun intended. lol

No comments: