Friday, September 5, 2008

One Year Anniversary

Webster's Dictionary describes a trendsetter as simply:

one that sets a trend


And that, my friends, is exactly what I am. It feels pretty good knowing that others have followed your in your footsteps, chosen the trail you've blazed, drank from the same cup....anything else that is a metaphor for people following you.

Now, what is this thing that I've introduced into the world of "cool things" you ask?

Answer: Blogging!

Haha, One year ago today (well more like a couple days ago) I started this blog. I started "Thoughts of a Random African (American)" as an experiment. Just to see what it would be like to have your own blog. Your own piece of the Internet where people you know/random people could all come and read what you are thinking, laugh at funny things, listen to some dope music, or just simply to learn something they didn't know. Ever since I got one though, my closest friends have all started one.

All their links can be found on the right side of the screen.

But in all seriousness, I'm happy I started this. I didn't really expect it to be a huge hit because well, I don't really put ALL my time into this as do other more successful sites, as can be seen in my erratic posting practices. But for what I have accomplished, I am pretty proud lol. I would never have thought that I would still be (somewhat) maintaining this site 1 year later.

If it wasn't for the people that told me that what I was doing was good/funny/worth taking the time to read, I would have probably quit a LONG time ago. But for those people who have supported me I want to say one thing:

Thank You

And for those of you who followed my ways and started one. A big thanks to you too, because by influencing yall to make one, it kinda created a lil community of us.

Our Digital Neighborhood.


Whether you maintained it or not though is up to you but you simply making one is a compliment.






O.K. Now that all the thanks/big-headed-ness is out of the way. Back to the work!

1 comment:

EaZZy said...

you are sooooooooooo gay!