Thursday, September 6, 2007

No...Really....."I am NOT gay"

Next time you go to a bathroom in at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, make sure you are not sitting in the stall adjoining the one occupied by a Mr. Larry Craig. Back in June of this year the (Rep.) Senator from Idaho was caught red handed by a undercover police officer trying to engage in what is categorized as "lewd conduct."

A recording of the conversation between Sen. Craig and the officer once they reached the Airport Police Station can be found here. (click on Audio: Sen. Craig's Arrest). During the recording, the officer repeatedly tells the Senator to stop lying and that he is disappointed that Mr. Craig is acting in such a manner.

Now before I continue, I would like to bring to your attention that on multiple occasions, (ie 1982, and Dec. 2006) Sen. Craig was accused of being homosexual but adamantly denied any of that.

Now back to the story. Sen. Craig plead guilty on a misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct and has pretty much been abandoned by the Republican Party and is said to be officially stepping down by September 30 of this year.

Now after this story broke, 3 MEN came out and accused the Senator being involved in some sort of sexual conduct with them. These accusations ranged from cruising** to the other end of the spectrum in oral sex........wow.

Here is a link to a confession of the man who said that he and the Senator from Idaho. The voice is disguised for privacy.

Now in a press conference held on the 28th of August Sen. Craig had this to say:

I am not gay. I never have been gay.... In June, I overreacted and made a poor decision. I chose to plead guilty to a lesser charge in hopes of making it go away.... Please let me apologize to my family, friends and staff and fellow Idahoans for the cloud placed over Idaho. I did nothing wrong at the Minneapolis airport. I did nothing wrong, and I regret the decision to plead guilty and the sadness that decision has brought on my wife, on my family, friends, staff and fellow Idahoans.

So, he said he was guilty thinking it wasn't going to get any bigger of a situation than it was. He was hoping to make "it go away." With the support of his friends in the Republican Party gone, Senator Larry Craig is spiraling downward in his own whirlpool of a disaster.

Or is it one.

I don't know what happened in that Minnesota bathroom, but Craig sounded quite nervous.

Quite nervous.

^oh and on a side note the Senator is very well known for his Anti-Gay voting in the Senate. I should have said that earlier but forgot for some reason.

Now with "Pottygate" (what CNN dubbed the story, staying in tune with any other government scandal) ruining his career, the accusations all came out. The one with the robot voice you already heard sounded VERY suspect..........and greatly disgusting IMO. The guy basically said "oh it looked like him, and I'm kinda interested in politics, that means I know everybody"....RIGHT

The other accusation was from a Frat boy from University of Idaho when Craig was the President of the house.........40 years ago........I still don't understand why anyone would wait that long. Unless they liked doing it back then and are just trying to get famous now OR their life was threatened. Yea, I would think the former.

The third guy accused the Senator of cruising** him in a store in Idaho.........come on now.

No way am I defending this guy......I am just saying how the whole thing is kinda weird. A anti-gay Senator accused of being involved in....well....gay activities. He should never have been in that situation to begin with. You are a public official for god's sake......

Anyway, it was brought to my attention that his privacy was invaded..........and to that I said, excuse my language, BULLSHIT!!!!

First of all, he is an elected official so that automatically places him under public scrutiny since we elected him.....which also allows us to kick him out as well, right? RIGHT.

Quite RIGHT!

Second of all, was it entrapment on the officer's part? Maybe....I wasn't there. By the sound of that tape at the station though it sure sounds like this is a common enough occurrence in that bathroom. So that cop was looking for that to happen. Soooo......the fact that it happened to be him was it coincidence? I have no idea.

Anyway, thats all I have to say. Soon to be former (R) Idaho Senator Larry Craig is forever gonna go down as the guy who wanted to have sex with another male in a restroom in a Minnesota Airport.....Congrats.

Welcome to America.



**Cruising -
Informal
:
a.to move slowly through or visit (a street, park, bar, etc.) in search of a sexual partner.
b.to make sexual overtures to; attempt to arouse the sexual interest of.
(dictionary.com)

sources - The Idaho Statesman, NPR, CNN, BBC, and the ever helpful wikipedia

No comments: